Truck Event coming to the
HQ2 Studio at SWL
This is a fantastic way to try the machines and see if one of these babies are right for you. Play on them, learn about them, make a project to take home - see all they are capable of doing. We will have over 12 machines in the shop - so hands on will be for everyone. Don't wait and miss this opportunity - sign up today!
Thursday, July 12th 10:00 - 5:00
Stand-Up Longarm Machine Quilting Basics Boot Camp
-$100 includes lunch
Does longarm quilting interest you, and you'd like to learn more about it? Or do you just want a review of longarm basics? This class removes the mystery of longarm quilting by explaining machine and frame elements and features, how to load a quilt, and vital facts about thread, needles and tension. Handi Quilter longarm and frame systems come in various sizes for every budget, are userfriendly because they are designed by a quilter, for quilters - just like you!
* Basic machine and frame elements and features
* Bobbins, tension, needles, and thread
* How to load a quilt onto a frame
* Quilting with Groovy Boards and pantographs
* Rulers, Micro Handles, and basic free motion
Friday, July 13th 10:00 - 1:00
Fast, Fun, and Fabulous Free Motion Quilting - $50
Quilters everywhere LOVE the excitement and fun of free motion quilting - and it's easier than you think! Create flowing designs by connecting simple design elements with continuous lines, traveling across the quilt or filling in a
specific area. Learn how drawing and muscle memory contribute to beautiful free motion quilting, and how to create stunning designs.
* How to develop an inventory of free motion designs
* Proper scaling and spacing of design elements
* Edge to edge free motion quilting
* Adjusting your quilting path to create your own new designs
* Using Micro Handles for free-motion control
Friday, July 13th 2:00 - 5:00
You Can Do That on a Longarm, Too? - $50
A longarm isn't just for quilting tops! Come see how techniques usually done with a sewing machine can be accomplished with a longarm machine. You'll leave with brilliant shortcuts and ideas for quick and easy projects, and a whole new perspective on what's possible with a longarm!
* "Slap-li-que" and strip-piecing-as-you-quilt
* Couching and embellishment
* Creating faux chenille
* Applying binding with the longarm
* Parade of projects
Friday, July 13th 5:30 - 8:30
Special Project - $30 includes dinner and kit for project
For this project you will learn how to piece, couch and bind - all on the longarm and will go home with a finished project.
Saturday, July 14th 9:30 - 12:30
Creative Textures and Fills - $50
Meandering is the easiest and most common filler for background space - but there are countless other creative design elements to use instead. Come expand your design portfolio by learning the stitch path of a wide variety of creative filler designs. Learn which designs lend themselves best to micro-quilting, and how to use Micro Handles for best results.
* Select appropriate fills to complement design style
* Create special effects with different fillers
* Scale the fill design size appropriately
* Evenly place and space fills
* Effectively use HQ Micro Handles
Saturday, July 14th 1:30 - 4:30
Ruler Essentials - $50
If you love precision and consistency in your quilting designs, you will love using design rulers and templates! These handy tools assist in placing designs accurately and stitching them out precisely. Learn to handle rulers and templates
safely with the ruler base and Sure Foot, and how to achieve accuracy with the markings. The wide variety of Handi Quilter rulers will inspire you to new design heights.
* Handle rulers safely
* Understand and use ruler markings for precision and accuracy
* Use piecing lines and marking tools to build ruler design confidence
* Versa tool quilting: stitch-in-the-ditch, cross-hatch, piano keys,
clamshells, and arcs
* Apply binding with the HQ VersaTool®